Psychotherapy, or talk therapy, is a way to help people with a broad variety of mental illnesses and emotional difficulties. Psychotherapy can help eliminate or control troubling symptoms so a person can function better and can increase well-being and healing.
Problems helped by psychotherapy include difficulties in coping with daily life; the impact of trauma, medical illness or loss, like the death of a loved one; and specific mental disorders, like depression or anxiety.
Benefits Of Psychotherapy
- Can help people communicate and air out their thoughts and feelings which they are unable to with their friends/families
- Can help people avoid over dependence on medication for coping with mental disorders and illnesses
- Can help identify and analyse the deep rooted causes for some psychological diseases or disorders
- Can help resolve co-morbidities and side effects of mental illnesses such as high blood pressure, heart diseases, body pain, headache, diabetes etc
What Can You Expect
- A safe, neutral and comfortable environment for you to share and express your thoughts and feelings
- An opportunity to have group counselling sessions with your family members
- A structured approach to diagnosing and treating psychological disorders using conventional talk therapy as well as therapeutic exercises